Before contacting our technical support you should look for your issue in our FAQ below.
NOTE: When contacting us, please record your browser version, your operating system version, your version of the Media Player, take a screen-shot(explained below) and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Taking a Screenshot
- Locate the 'Alt' and the 'Print Screen' Keys on your keyboard.
- Press and hold the Alt key and then press the 'Print Screen' key.
- Open a Microsoft word document or any other graphical software.
- Paste the screen shot into this window by right-clicking on your mouse and selecting the 'paste' option.
- Save your document and email it to email@example.com
We recommend using these browsers
- Internet Explorer 9
We recommend using IE 9 - If you are using Internet Explorer 8 - Please click the link and upgrade
- Adobe Flash
Please make sure you download and install the latest player
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT STREAMING
- Question: Your stream looks different and now I cannot seem to connect ?
- Answer: We will be updating our streams to use the latest Adobe Flash Player. Please make sure you download and install the latest player here.
- Question: I cannot seem to connect to your stream in my Windows Media Player?
- Answer: Now you can only connect to our streams from the websites and not directly using your Windows Media Player program.
- Question: I want to stream your station over the Internet. But what do I need?
- Answer: To successfully stream you need an Internet connection of at least 56 Kbps and the latest Adobe Flash Player.
- Question: The player says it is connecting but never connects.
- Answer: Sometimes we reach the maximum amount of listeners on our main computers. Email us and we will have this number increased for you.
- Question: The player says it is buffering frequently and interrupts your live stream.
- Answer: There are delays introduced by the congestion on the Internet and sometimes by the speed of your Internet connection. Unfortunately, there is not much that we can do to rectify this problem. If you are on dial-up this may occur frequently.
- Question: The player says it is waiting and then never connects.
- Answer: Close your browser, wait 5 minutes and then try re-connecting. Sometimes we restart our streams and this causes the current streams to go into a 'waiting' state.
- Question: Does your stream work on Windows, Mac and other platforms?
- Answer: Yes. Our stream works on Windows, Macs and flavours of Unix, however we only support it on Windows and the Mac operating system.
- Question: Is the Roku network media player device supported?
- Answer: Currently we do not support this device. Contact your device manufacturer for support.
- Question: I keep hearing the same thing over and over again?
- Answer: One of our streaming servers may be experiencing some technical difficulties. Please contact us and we will have it fixed.
Click here for texting and SMS frequently asked questions.
General Login / Account FAQ's
- Question: It just takes me to the update info page
- Answer: If you are directed to the “update your info page”, which lists your account details then you are logged in.
- Question: Where’s the logout button?
- Answer: Good question! We don’t have one. If you would like to sign out you would have to restart your browser. If that doesn’t work you can clear your web browsing history which would clear any login information saved in your web browser.
- Question: What is a web browser?
- Answer: There are many web browsing applications such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Sarari, Google Chrome, etc.
- Question: What’s my username?
- Answer: Your email address.
- Question: Why am I not recieving a confirmation e-mail to activate my new account?
- Answer:If you don’t receive a confirmation e-mail there could be a couple reasons.
- You might be using the wrong email. Double check that you've typed your e-mail correctly.
- Your email client (hotmail, gmail, outlook, etc) could have an email blocker and it is either being sent to your junk mail folder or possibly being deleted automatically. Please check your junk mail and email settings first, then try resending your information a second time. If the problem persists, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Question: I clicked reset my password, but I still haven’t received the email to get a new password, why?
- Answer:If you don’t receive anything there could be a couple reasons.
- You might be using the wrong email. If you don’t use your old email please create a new account.
- Your email client (hotmail, gmail, outlook, etc) could have an email blocker and it is either being sent to your junk mail folder or possibly being deleted automatically. Please check your junk mail and email settings first, then try resetting your password a second time. If the problem persists, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Question: Where did my points go?
- Answer: Our new website doesn’t support a points contesting system. We had a final points wrap up contest in the summer of 2010.
How to Unsubscribe to our Newsletter
If you would like to unsubscribe from our stations newsletter, please click the 'unsubscribe' link at the bottom of the most recent newsletter you have received. On the page that you are directed to that has your email address at the top, select the "Unsubscribe from list" checkbox and click the 'GO' button, you will now be unsubscribed automatically from the newsletter. If you do not have a recent newsletter you may unsubscribe by logging in here and updating your account. If you run into any problems or have any questions or concerns about this process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
VIDEO & PHOTO FAQ
- Question: Why can’t I see my photo/video entry right away?
- Answer: All content added to our website MUST be reviewed prior to going live. Considering that anything submitted in the evening after 5 and on the weekends will not go live until the next business day.
- Question: Can I go back and add a different photo/video or more photos to my entry?
- Answer: No. Once you send in an entry it is final and there is no going back.
- Question: Can I submit more than one image?
- Answer: Yes. When uploading your images you have the ability to upload up to 6 photos. The FIRST photo uploaded will be the primary image.
- Question: Can I submit a video/photo on behalf of someone else?
- Answer: No. You must have the rights to the photo/video submitted.
Video Submission Guidelines
- Description must be under 499 characters long (including spaces). If your description exceeds 499 characters it will get cut off.
- Videos must be housed on YouTube to be able to add a video.
- Before copying your embed code from YouTube be sure to check the option "use old embed code". For example, if your code starts off with "<iframe title ..." you have not checked "use old embed code" the code should start off with "<object ..." )
- If your thumbnail image is not showing up on our page it is a youtube error and you will have to edit your video from youtube.
- Once submitted, your entry is final, there is no function to go back and edit an entry.
Photo Submission Guidelines
- File format should be either JPG or GIF
- JPG is the best format for photos
- Images should at least 270 pixels wide
- Each image should be less than 1MB.
- Crop images to eliminate white space.
- Rotate images to be upright prior to uploading.
- The first image uploaded is primary.
- Please rename your JPG files excluding any special characters (!@#$%^&*) or spaces.
See our general contest rules here.